Spraying peach in early spring is a very important measure to care for fruiting plantations and helps protect plants from damage from the most common diseases and major plant parasites.
What and how to handle
The productivity of peach plantings largely depends on the quality and timeliness of tree care. A mandatory measure in the cultivation of fruit crops is the treatment of plants with special preparations against diseases and pests. Spraying is carried out several times a year, not only in spring but also in autumn, and each procedure is designed to solve a certain range of problems.
Processing of plantings in early spring is carried out repeatedly. Spraying peach trees during this period is necessary not only with insecticidal preparations, but also with fungicidal agents or tank mixtures, which include a complex solution against the most common and harmful damaging factors.
Depending on the stage of development of the plant, experts recommend the use of different drugs and agents:
- during the first treatment, it is desirable to spray the garden plantings with fungicides based on copper or diesel fuel, which covers the plants with a thin, oily type of film;
- before the phase of blooming on the plant of the buds, it is undesirable to use urea and other means, which include urea, which provokes premature awakening of vegetative processes;
- at the beginning of the growing season, plants are often affected by curly leaves, and the fight against this disease should be carried out before the stage of bud blooming, and you also need to sprinkle the plants on a green cone;
- peaches are sprayed on a pink bud using the Topsin preparation or Bordeaux liquid with the addition of anti-mite, weevil and hatching caterpillar agents;
- spraying after flowering plants is the final stage in the spring treatment of garden plantings. It is allowed to use ordinary urea, which has a detrimental effect on pathogens and insect pests, and in addition, saturates the plants with nitrogen.
How to spray a peach in spring
When carrying out protective measures, it is necessary to adhere to the processing time and follow the instructions provided by the manufacturers of insecticidal preparations.
Standard processing times
Early spring spraying in accordance with the requirements of the technology of growing fruit stone fruits is performed several times:
- first treatment it is carried out before buds are opened and is aimed at the destruction of all kinds of plant parasites that could successfully winter in the cracks on the tree bark and shoots of the plant;
- second treatment - in the phase of bud blooming - involves protection from curly leaves and scab, as well as the prevention of kidney damage by pests;
- third treatment peach trees - on a pink bud - is carried out in order to increase the immune status of fruit stands and protect against fungal infections;
- fourth treatmentcarried out after flowering, is aimed at saturating the fruit plantations with nitrogen-containing components and protection against plant parasites and the most common diseases.
Mass treatment of plants in the spring should be accompanied by sanitary pruning of the crown.
Currently, the chemical industry has developed and produced modern and effective preparations for the protection of garden plants. However, when using them, it is necessary to focus not only on the purpose, but also on the timing and technology of application.
|Name of the drug and manufacturer||Act||Pest||Number of sprays||Dates of last processing before harvesting|
|Zolon from Keminova A / S, Denmark||Contact intestinal||Eastern Codling Moth||1−2||One and a half months|
|Decis from Bayer Crop Science, Germany||Contact intestinal||Eastern Codling Moth||Two||20 days|
|"Dnok" from OJSC "Dye", Ukraine||Contact||Wintering stages of scale insects, ticks, aphids, leafworms, moths and leaf-sheaths||One||Before budding|
|Fungicide "Hom"||Active ingredient: copper oxychloride||Curl of leaves, clusterosporosis, coccomycosis, moniliosis||Repeatedly, with the consumption of working solution: 2−5 l per fruit tree||Spraying during the growing season|
|Guapsin Plus||Universal microbiological preparation of fungicidal, bacterial, insecticidal action with amino acids||Active protection and prevention of fungal and bacterial diseases, reduces pest damage||Many times||Processing in the evening or in cloudy weather.|
|Trichophytus Plus||Biofungicide||Rot, scab, powdery mildew, late blight||Many times||Spraying plants at the rate of 6 l of the drug per ha|
Effective folk remedies
Alternative methods used for the processing of fruit stands are characterized by minimal toxicity for the future crop at a sufficiently high efficiency against the main damaging factors.
|Spray agent||Cooking method||Appointment for use|
|Tomato leaf infusion||Approximately 2−2.5 kg of plant material pour 5 liters of hot water and insist for 6 hours. Bring the infusion to a boil, strain and cool||Fighting caterpillars and leaflets|
|Decoction of potato tops||Mix part of the tops with two parts of water and insist for six hours. Put the infusion in a water bath for 35−45 minutes, and then strain and cool||Aphid extermination|
|Tansy infusion||Approximately 0.7 kg of tansy pour 10 liters of water and insist for two days. Then boil the mixture for 25-30 minutes and strain. Cool the infusion and add another 10 liters of water.||Plant parasites and fungal infections|
|Cayenne pepper infusion||Approximately 1 kg of pepper pour 10 liters of water and leave for 48 hours. Then boil for an hour and leave for 48 hours again. For 10 liters of infusion, add 100 g of chopped laundry soap||Plant parasites and fungal infections|
Mistakes of novice gardeners
The very first spring work in the garden is spraying and whitewashing the stem of fruit trees. However, many gardeners neglect to carry out such activities and thereby expose the fruit plantations to the risk of very dangerous diseases and plant parasites.
In addition, not all gardeners know that it is necessary to process plants in the spring in several stages, using various preparations and means. The standard action of stock solutions for treating fruit trees lasts about ten days or two weeks. Therefore, just such a break should be adhered to when spraying.
Types of spring spraying
It is very important to perform a series of preparatory measures before spraying. All old branches should be cut and burned. A few days before the first treatment, you need to dig fruit trees and whitewash. In addition, in order to set up garden plantings for the approaching period of active vegetation, it is necessary to carry out moisture-charging irrigation in the conditions of a dry spring, which qualitatively nourishes the root system of the plant.